Wednesday, February 23, 2011
This week I was craving some creamy chicken burritos. The web proved that there are a lot of great recipes out there. I took what I loved from several recipes and came up with this little concoction. Enjoy!
4 chicken breasts cooked shredded
1 green bell pepper diced
1/2 diced red onion
4 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
4 TBS of cream (optional)
1TBS of olive oil
1 cup cheddar cheese or mexican blend
1. Saute green pepper and red onion and large skillet.
2. Add soup,black beans, and cream cheese and 2 TBS of cream.
3. Add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Place filling on the middle of the tortilla and top mixture with cheese.
5. Fold like a burrito and spread remaining cream over the top of each burrito. Spread the remaining cheese over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Mint is always a good idea in my book. This cake is light on the mint side, but refreshing enough to make your day. This is also a great cake to make for someone. I made two. One for my big belly and one for the dental office I took my toddler to. Enjoy!
Crème De Menthe Cake
1 white cake mix
3 1/2 TBS crème de mentheliquor
1 tub of cool whip
1 jar of chocolate ice cream topping (I used hot fudge)
Mix cake mix as directed on box. Add 2 Tablespoons of crème de menthe liquor. Mix and bake as directed. Spread hot fudge while cake is still warm and allow to cool. Mix remaining 1 1/2 Tablespoons of crème de menthe to cool whip, mix, and spread on top. Place in fridge until cool and keep in fridge in between servings. Let me know if it rocks your world like it does mine. Didn't think it would be that easy? Stay tuned! There is more where that came from!