Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting


I searched and searched for the perfect lemon cupcake for my sister's birthday

Thanks to http://beantownbaker.blogspot.com

lemon Cupcakes - from A Good Appetite - makes 6 (I tripled to make 18)

2/3 c all-purpose flour

1/4 t baking soda

1/4 t baking powder

pinch of salt

3 T unsalted butter, softened

1/3 c sugar

1 large egg, lightly beaten

zest of one lemon

juice of one lemon

1/4 c plain yogurt



Preheat oven to 350 and prepare muffin tins.



Stir flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.

Beat the butter until light and fluffy. On high speed, gradually beat in the sugar until light & fluffy. Lower speed and add egg, beating until just blended. Then beat in lemon zest & lemon juice. On low speed beat in flour mixture & yogurt until just blended. This will be a very light fluffy batter.

Bake for 18 minutes. The edges should just be turning golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.

For the Frosting
3/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup strawberries ( I processed them in the food processor, worked like a charm!)
4-5 cups powdered sugar (depending on how runny you like it with the strawberry puree)

Verdict: I am not a huge fan of lemon, but I am starting to love it. This was a great combination with the tart of the lemon mixed with the sweet of the strawberry. Serve and Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I am thinking of strawberry lemonade right now! YUM! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with April. The first thing I thought of was Strawberry Lemonade. I'm "puckering" as we speak:) Thanks for sharing Kasha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM-O...very summer refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, thanks for visiting me = ) OH YEA.. Strawberry Lemonade... WOW... now that IS refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!

Raw Spice Bar

Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I h...