Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pork Chops for dessert




Ok not really for dessert, but maybe. My husband brought this tasty idea home from the fire station.


Ingredients:

4-5 pork chops
1/2 cup brown sugar
Olive oil
cayenne pepper to taste

Directions:
Fire up your grill. While that is warming up take olive oil and rub a little into each pork chop. Next sprinkle and rub in brown sugar into each chop. Following brown sugar, sprinkle cayenne pepper on the same side as brown sugar and place the pork chops face down on the grill. Rub all the same ingredients onto the side facing up and cook to your desired doneness. Serve and enjoy! The brown sugar melts and creates a wonderful little sugary crunch with a little bit of a bite from the cayenne pepper. Yum!







4 comments:

  1. Pork is such a great meat for sweet. I love it with applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband does not like pork chops -- go figure -- but I'm tempted to try this recipe out on him and see if he changes his mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what I wouldn't do to be able to "fire up the grill" about now. We're knee deep in snow:) I'm going to have to get myself one of those inside thingamajigs!!! Thanks for sharing, Kasha. I'd say they sure look like dessert to me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!

Raw Spice Bar

Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I h...