Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Wreath 2010


Maybe it should be my tradition to make a new wreath every year. I find it to be a super fun craft and very rewarding thus far. Here's how:



I found a Styrofoam wreath at Michael's craft store and covered it in ribbon just to hide the ugly white.



This is my favorite. I gathered pecans from a local pecan tree grove that I take my daily walks to. It was great to get some exercise, find some free treasures, and save money on expensive pecans. I then painted them using acrylic paint and then coated them with glossy Mod Podge to give them a shine. Finally I glued them on with a hot--glue gun ,which seemed like an eternity, and then....




Add a ribbon and then hang. This old house has a little sass this year and I love it.
Grand total: $ 10 dollars (using 40% off coupon at craft store)

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Those are cool! I thought they were M&Ms at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, clever, creative, and inexpensive. There was a time when I had lots of fun doing crafts and I really enjoyed it. One of these days .. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable...I have made one back in the day out of candy. I really love the color and how easy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You couldn't extract those tasty pecans before painting them? Sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!

Raw Spice Bar

Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I h...