Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not just Any Banana Pudding

Have you seen my winner? She is about this tall, this pretty, and I have only met her once through her one comment. Her profile is blocked so it seems that I am unable to locate her blog to contact her. Is there any tricks to find someone through their comment even if their profile is blocked? I am afraid I will have to choose another winner on Monday if I do not hear from EIGHT FOR ETERNITY.


Now have a bite of my banana pudding please. Once upon a time I made some for the fire station my husband was at and now he is known as the guy with the amazing dessert. I am not kidding. He is so new as a fire fighter that he "roves" from station to station. He is hopefully getting a reputation as a great worker and firefighter, but we know for sure he has gained the reputation for having a secret recipe of a really tasty dessert. Well secret is out! Here it is, no fire department needed.

Ingredients:
1 5oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 can eagle brand condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream (whipped stiff with 1/4 cup of sugar)
2 pkgs pepperidge farm chessmen cookies
4-5 bananas sliced

Directions:
Mix pudding with milk using mixer and set aside. Mix in cream cheese. Mix in condensed milk and fold in whipped cream using spatula. Place 1 pkg of cookies on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Add sliced bananas over cookies and spread the pudding mixture over the bananas. Place the second pkg of cookies over the top. Chill for 3-4 hours. Serve and Enjoy.

Serve immediately as the bananas turn brown quickly.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my FAVORITES! I have only had it once when you made it, but I still think about it. Thanks for making me a good cook! (and baker...couldn't have done it with out you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I liked banana things like that, I'd try it -

    For some reason, I LOVE firm bananas as a snack, but once they get the least bit 'mushy' they are history to me!

    Those kind of bananas are why I started making Khyra 'bonesikhles'!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Chessman cookies as the topping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have another blog friend that posted this recipe. Anything with real whipped cream is my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly understand why your husband is in such demand, Kasha. He has a secret "weapon." What an interesting blend of ingredients. The chessman cookies sound like the perfect topping.

    Thanks for sharing...I hope you find your winner:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!

Raw Spice Bar

Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I h...