Sunday, October 9, 2016

Raw Spice Bar



Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I have 4 children (yes, that is why I have been absent from the blog) and I love for them to try new things. We are not a chicken nugget and hot dog family. I am no fancy chef, but I love new flavors, and new dishes every night. This desire to not make the same ol' thing every night leads to my current frustration of "what should I cook?!" This is where Raw Spice Bar saved the day.

With Raw Spice it is all about the spice (duh), but seriously where else should you go for great taste? They take quality ingredients, fresh flavors, and then they toast them up and grind them up creating deep, delicious flavors. I was given the opportunity to try their September flavor kit. Each month they focus on a different origin of flavor, for September it was the Argentine. Each kit comes with 3 different spices and a clever recipe to try with each.


I tried the Chipotle Smoked Salt on some roasted veggies. The recipe that coordinated with this particular spice called for squash and zest of lemon on the grill. I had cauliflower, carrots, and zuchinni on hand and wanted to roast them up instead of grill. I can't even tell you how good it was. I am going to be craving this flavor for the rest of my life. After the first bite my husband and daughter perked up and said "what is on these vegetables?! They then proceeded to have 3 servings. To be honest, it was a problem. I was looking forward to these particular leftovers, and there wasn't a crumb of a veggie left.


The coolest part is you can subscribe to this awesome kit every month for just $8 dollars. This would make for a fantastic birthday or Christmas gift for the foodie in your family. I want more! Check them out here.

I am so grateful for this company getting me out of my "slump". I now look forward to cooking again. This is a big deal people! Get you some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!

Raw Spice Bar

Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I h...