Thursday, April 22, 2010

Not just Any Banana Pudding

Have you seen my winner? She is about this tall, this pretty, and I have only met her once through her one comment. Her profile is blocked so it seems that I am unable to locate her blog to contact her. Is there any tricks to find someone through their comment even if their profile is blocked? I am afraid I will have to choose another winner on Monday if I do not hear from EIGHT FOR ETERNITY.


Now have a bite of my banana pudding please. Once upon a time I made some for the fire station my husband was at and now he is known as the guy with the amazing dessert. I am not kidding. He is so new as a fire fighter that he "roves" from station to station. He is hopefully getting a reputation as a great worker and firefighter, but we know for sure he has gained the reputation for having a secret recipe of a really tasty dessert. Well secret is out! Here it is, no fire department needed.

Ingredients:
1 5oz. pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 can eagle brand condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream (whipped stiff with 1/4 cup of sugar)
2 pkgs pepperidge farm chessmen cookies
4-5 bananas sliced

Directions:
Mix pudding with milk using mixer and set aside. Mix in cream cheese. Mix in condensed milk and fold in whipped cream using spatula. Place 1 pkg of cookies on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Add sliced bananas over cookies and spread the pudding mixture over the bananas. Place the second pkg of cookies over the top. Chill for 3-4 hours. Serve and Enjoy.

Serve immediately as the bananas turn brown quickly.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my FAVORITES! I have only had it once when you made it, but I still think about it. Thanks for making me a good cook! (and baker...couldn't have done it with out you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I liked banana things like that, I'd try it -

    For some reason, I LOVE firm bananas as a snack, but once they get the least bit 'mushy' they are history to me!

    Those kind of bananas are why I started making Khyra 'bonesikhles'!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Chessman cookies as the topping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have another blog friend that posted this recipe. Anything with real whipped cream is my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly understand why your husband is in such demand, Kasha. He has a secret "weapon." What an interesting blend of ingredients. The chessman cookies sound like the perfect topping.

    Thanks for sharing...I hope you find your winner:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!