Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mediterranean Entertaining with Peloponnese

Phew! That title is a mouthful literally and figuratively. Peloponnese offers some tasty Mediterranean goods and I am so happy to have tried them. This is what came packaged in a pretty box ready to enhance our dinner with the flavor straight from the warmth and finesse of the Greek climate:

                     -            Peloponnese® Artichoke Spread
-          Peloponnese® Hummus Spread
-          Peloponnese® Halved Kalamata Gourmet Black Olives
-          Peloponnese® Florina Whole Sweet Peppers
-          Peloponnese® Baba Ganoush
-          Peloponnese® Antipasto Party Olives
-          Specialty Olive Bowl

That's a lot of tasty goods!

The hummus spread is delicious. I love any kind of artichoke spread and this version did not disappoint. Both are great on pita chips or any kind bread. The party olives are always a hit served as an appetizer and I was especially excited about the little serving platter that came with the olives. In summary, this is all great stuff, but let's talk about what I made with the Kalamata Gourmet Black Olives and the Florina Whole Sweet Peppers:
With the help of these two ingredients, my sister, and this recipe, I made a pretty tasty dip.

1/4 cup olive oil
1 block (1#) of feta cheese  (I don’t like the pre-crumbled kind because I think it is dry)
tomatoes (any kind)…I use about 4 Roma’s
1 bunch of green onions
1 Peloponnese sweet pepper finely chopped
1/4 cup of Peloponnese Kalamata olives finely chopped
1 baguette
1-2 tsp of Greek Seasoning (see pic below) (I used more to taste)
1 large platter

Dice all ingredients into small pieces. Add olive oil and seasoning and mix well. Slice baguette and arrange on a serving platter with dip in a bowl in the middle. Serve and enjoy! I sure did!

The whole box of goods can be yours if you simply leave a comment, like their facebook page, and visit their site for future inspiration in the kitchen. It's a whole lot of tasty Greek flavor that could be yours. The winner will be picked one week from today! Good luck!


  1. I like your blog! Thanks for stopping by my place and letting me know you are here and that you are having a give-away. Cool... :)

  2. Sounds like a great recipe. I tweeted your giveaway.

  3. Oh my word! Love all those things! the recipe looks wonderful!

  4. (You should add an email subscribe widget. I'd sign up!)

    1. I most definitely will as soon as I figure out how. :) Thanks Pauline!

  5. Yum! This reminds me of something I ate in Israel. I think I'll try it with goat cheese. Thanks.

  6. I love your blog Kasha, I stop by a great deal. This is a wonderful giveaway you have going on.

  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    1. Sorry about the duplicate publishing Marybeth! My bad :)

  8. I like them on FB! It all looks delish!

    shankyouverymuch11 at yahoo dot com

  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Thanks for visiting! Please come again!