The 20 Healthiest Foods for less than a dollar!
1. Oats- high in fiber and complex carbohydrates.
2. Eggs- great source of protein.
3. Kale- loaded with vitamin C, caratenoids, and calcium.
4. Potatos-eaten with skin on they provide almost a whole days worth of vitamin C. Potatoes are also a good source of potassium.
5. Apples- good source of vitamin C and pectin.
6. Nuts-packed with "good for you" fats.
7. Bananas-high in potassium and fiber.
8.Garbonzo Beans- another great source of protein and fiber.
9. Broccoli- contains calcium, vitamins A and C, potassium, folate, and fiber.
10. Watermelon- source of potassium, vitamin C, and lycopene which is a great antioxidant to help prevent cancer.
11. Wild rice- better than white rice. High in protein and fiber, complex carbohydrates, potassium, and is loaded with B vitamins.
12. Beets- may not be your favorite but is great source of folate, iron , and antioxidants.
13. Butternut squash- fiber, Vitamin A and C.
14. Whole Grain Pasta- high in protein and B vitamins.
15. Sardines- not the most popular little treat, but they are packed with nutrients.
16. Spinach- lots of vitamin C and iron.
17. Tofu- an inexpensive protein source.
18. Lowfat milk-rich in vitamins A and D, protein, potassium, and niacin.
19. Pumpkin seeds- great for magnesium, protein, and trace minerals.
20. Water- too many benefits to list!