Monday, April 27, 2009

Banana Bread! That is all that is left my friends!


Sunday is my favorite day to cook and I just wanted an easy dessert. You can tell by my other recipes that I love easy! So this banana bread was delicious and I mostly did it while sitting on the couch with my husband. After spending a few minutes sitting mashing bananas I just added some ingredients here there while stirring and then threw it in the oven. I will give credit for this snazzy recipe to Simply Recipes.


Ingredients

* 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed ( I used 5 bananas)
* 1/3 cup melted butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* Pinch of salt
* 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Method

No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve. I smeared it with butter and added a tall glass of milk. As always, serve and enjoy!

The only dilemna I had was with the baking. I cooked as instructed and it baked everywhere but the middle. I finally had to wrap tinfoil around the edges to stop the burning and cook a little longer. Any tips or suggestions for this would be appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. Sitting on the couch and cooking sounds like my kind of cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post on my cheesecake recipe. Cheesecake is surprisingly easy and you definitely could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cries* It's posts like these that make dieting so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love banana bread- yum!

    I'm glad you asked about Neufchatel cheese. It's my favorite. I just sub it straight out for cream cheese unless I'm making an enormous cheesecake or something. But for frosting and just about everything else, it transitions easily and tastes about the same. It's so similar to cream cheese, just made from a different type. You should try it! (But I don't recommend fat free cream cheese- that's something different and I don't understand fat free dairy- too many additives and you're missing all the good stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, I wish there were just one more piece. I so LOVE Banana Bread!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This banana cake looks good!You could add chocolate chips to it and it would even be better!Hope you wont mind but I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site, just add this little widget here to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Please come again!

Raw Spice Bar

Raise your hand if you love to cook, but find yourself just finishing up your 8,987th meal and you are fresh out of ideas. Just me?  I h...